Tuesday, February 21

2 scenes, not yet a play

Scene 1...

Setting: Yesterday 4 pm in GEA lounge with Nicole, studying for 5 pm exam in 339, "Working (Professionally) with Children and Families"

Nicole: Oh, geez.
Me: What? (half interested, half studying)
Nicole: You know the statement, "A professional is clear-headed and focused"?
Me: Yeah? (still only half interested, half studying)
Nicole: I just read that five times. (note the disappointment in her voice)
Me (laughing too much to be interested in studying): oh, the irony.
end scene

Scene 2, part A...

Setting: last night, 10 pm in bed
John: you're going to bed already?
Me: Yeah, I'm gonna go to bed early and then wake up early so I have "me time" before I head off to work all day.
John: Okay. Man! I'm really awake!
Me: That's cuz you slept in till 12:30 today. happy presidents day. Too bad I tried calling you at 8:30 this morning when I realized I'd forgotten my wallet at home, but you didn't hear the phone b/c you were ASLEEP.
John: Yeah, I was SOOO gone.

around 11 pm...john has the TV on, I've got a pillow over my head
Me (rolling over with a grunt): what are you doing?
John: working on the computer
Me: ohhhhh....grrrrr

Later that night...
Me: grunt grunt grumble grumble
John: goodnight...(turns off the lights)

Scene 2, part B...

Setting: 6 am this morning, the alarm goes off, I hit the snooze. john gets up after the second alarm and bounds to the bathroom. I lay in bad, half awake, all confused.
Me, hearing the shower running, I get up and go to the bathroom: John, what are you doing?
John: I'm getting in the shower.
Me (hear the morning whine in my voice): why??
John: Well, you wanted to get up early this morning to have some extra time. I thought I'd get up with you.
Me, tired from my inadvertant late night, I roll my eyes, turn around, shut the door behind me and crawl back into bed.
End scene

Okay, okay, I did end up getting up early, albeit thirty minutes after my goal time. but come on, I went to bed way over an hour after I had planned (thanks, hyper husband), so I'll take that as a good thing.

All that said, having a husband is sometimes like having a very persistant roommate. I can't ignore him. then again, I don't like to. I love you, John!


Good morning everybody! I'm off to work...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam, you sound like a married woman! I have lived with a husband for 27 years who lives in a different "time zone" than me. But some how we've managed...love perseveres!

Anonymous said...

I Y Q, Pammie Boo. I like reading about your life.

Deleted said...

married life sounds exciting. :-)

Work in Progress said...

Tracy, I read your blog, and I hope you dropped that english class with the moronic professor. That's just sick. Oh, and my college roommate's brother (Adam Perry) plays baseball for SHSU. Yeah!