Sunday, February 12

rattles and bows, tiny little toes

I recently returned from the third baby shower for my sister in law. (Side note: of the 13 words in the previous sentence, I mistyped 6 of them wrong at least twice. Typing dyslexia stinks.) ANYHOW! Baby showers are pretty fun. Especially for girl babies. I like the fact that I'm going to be an aunt. Even cooler, I'm going to be the ONLY aunt to this sweet girl. No competition is good competition. Beth's due mid-March. She's in that crunch time where you can see in her eyes that she's suddenly realized that this thing in her belly will be coming out soon. It's gotta be weird, right? Spending 9 months preparing for this new little life seems like a long time. But I know a lot of moms who get down to that last month and they begin to panic. It's great, really. We have this sense that we're not prepared yet. I keep thinking that we may just never be prepared. And that's the fun of it. We're not ready, but God is. I feel like children are just one more way that God teaches us in this life that we're inadequate without Him, but He'll use us in ways that we may never see or never comprehend? So, I'm excited about little Lauren Elisabeth Lewis. May God teach us more about Himself through this child.
It's gonna be sweet!

1 comment:

Work in Progress said...

Yeah, that one day I'll be a mom. Probably not tomorrow, but one day. :) Until then, these massive biceps just hold non-biological children.