John and I got up this morning and were on our way to coffee and putting ourselves together for church when we got a phone call from Dad Ledbetter. He advised us to watch out for the weather and consider staying off the roads for the morn. We flipped on the news, and sure enough, the overnight rain and below freezing temperatures caused about 200 car accidents in the past few hours. Knowing that, we played hooky from church and I made a big breakfast.
Now, instead of heading out to Driftwood for the sometimes weekly dinner with fam in the country, I'm curled up on the loveseat in my pjs (yes, I showered and put my jammies back on), doing laundry, watching Gilmore Girls (my friend, Nicole, loaned me season 5. Thank you, Nicole!) and "studying" for my two exams next week.
I like this morning. It's fun. Sometimes a change in plans and a chance to curl up under a blanket on a cold (um, freezing) morning is just what a gal needs. I hope I'm not speaking too quickly, but I'm just pleased that I don't have the customary flu-like illness that travels with all cold fronts. I'm sure I'll get in trouble for saying that. Bring it on!!! I can take it. I'm in a good mood.
3 comments:
Pammie, Wish I was there to cuddle with you! It's cold here, but no snow (lucky Becca!). Sometimes these cold, dreary days are good to catch up and rest a bit. But I don't like them to stick around too long. Love you...
all i need is a fire too. it's ckckckckckckooooooooooooooold.
Post a Comment