Wednesday, March 15

It's Wednesday again...

...which makes me realize that it's been a week since my last confession, er, blog. This is strange to me because I feel like it was just the other day. I think that's what happens when you're sick. Events just blur together into one huge thing-that-you-wish-you-were-sleeping-through-so-that-you-could-just-get-better-already!! Okay, I'm done complaining. Really. I was actually blogging yesterday (it remains a "draft") about how I'm thankful for a lot right now. I mean, I'm sick and that's gross, but it's my spring break. And while the combination is also kinda gross, I'm glad that I can work on my own schedule. That schedule includes a lot of sitting, long showers, sitting, eating, popping pills, sitting, reading for school, sitting, popping more pills, lying down (I got tired of sitting) and reading for fun. John also rented me a bunch of girly movies that he'll never watch. And ones that I won't admit to watching, but have enjoyed anyway. :)
I'm also thankful that it's been incredibly beautiful outside. As John mentioned, we're attempting to get a "backyard" of sorts on our porch. It's coming along fine, but we probably won't be inviting the neighbors over. Sorry, guys!
I'm thankful that my sis-in-law's (not Mish, but Beth) labor went stupendously and she and Chris are the gushing parents that we thought they'd be. Lauren Elisabeth is so beautiful and feels a bit like a large catepiller when she squirms in her swaddling clothes. John and I will have fun being the coolest uncle and aunt EVER.
I'm thankful for girls night out tomorrow. I just got an evite from my community group girls and it's "Martini's and Manicures" for Thursday. Add to that the 2 for 1 tapas and my dear ladies, and a Thursday evening after work probably can't get better.
I'm thankful for showers. I'd shower 3 times a day if I had the time. Actually, it's spring break, so I DO have the time, if I want. Oh, but I'm NOT really thankful for drying my hair, so I think I'll stick to one shower per day.

I'm thankful for Town Lake. It's a place with energy, the smell of water and flowers, the sound of runners, bikers, walkers, kayakers, canoers, rowers, dogs, babies, the nearby city. I fell in love with it my freshman year, and I am not there enough. So I'm also thankful that John and I are going walking tonight.

I'm thankful for my bed. It's so pretty. And soft.

I'm thankful for my fridge. It keeps my water cold. I think I want some carrots.

Okay, it's official, I'm done writing today. Time to get moving. I've got work to do, people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, a few things...

congrats on the new niece! we have the same name, by the way.

also, i forget you are in austin... we live in the same freaking town and haven't seen each other in almost two years... we should get together. really.


p.s. where do you go to church?

Anonymous said...

i'm glad i didn't go into labor because if i did, i was completely unaware. i am thankful for pammie boo.

Work in Progress said...

Would that be good or bad to be unaware that you're in labor?

and Lauren, I'm at EFree, south off Mopac. And I'm freakin' incredulous too that we haven't gotten together. Okay, you should have my number from all those crazy emails. I'm expecting a call!! :)

Thanks for being thankful for me, mish mosh! And I think your hair looks ridiculously cool, hot lady!

Brent said...

Can either of you write a blog that doesn't mention "kayak?"

:)

Sorry you're feeling bad...but "Martini's & Manicures" should get you well on the path to wellness!

Work in Progress said...

Yeah! Call me! Call me!