The parking garage cost me $4 this morning. I had $3.96 in my wallet. Yeah, for credit cards. Boo for paying for a parking garage.
Now, why was I paying for a garage, when I've got a pass for another campus garage? Because I was running late to my appointment at the Career Center and the only way to get there on time was to park in the garage adjacent to Jester. Okay, 4 bucks, no biggie.
But wait, why was I running late to my appointment? Partially because I sat down to eat breakfast, rather than eating while getting ready. And partially because in the 15 miles it takes to get to campus, there were about 8 police officers in various marked or unmarked vehicles. This caused the individual in front of me in the left lane to hit his breaks and continue to cruise at 50 mph. Due to light traffic also traveling at lower speeds, I was unable to pass this individual. I might note that the speed limit is actually 65 mph.
Finally, why were there 8 police officers in various marked or unmarked vehicles on the 15 mile stretch from south to central Austin? Because next week is Spring Break. It's APD's friendly reminder to us all that law enforcement does exist. So if you're thinking of speeding next week, you should reevaluate your plans.
I've been a big fan of "the butterfly effect" recently. One small change has large reprocussions. For good and bad. I appreciate the representation of a form of order in the world. And the understanding that our actions affect that order. It's just fun to observe.
Some other things I've thought this morning:
* My appointment at the career center was fun. I have a plethora of options for a career field, and as intimidating or confusing as that could be, I'd rather view it as an extreme blessing. Options can be empowering.
* The weather is beautiful today. You'd think it was Fall the way that the leaves are pouring from the trees out here. Looks like it's raining, almost.
* I'm meeting a lot of amazing people this year. It feels like freshman year all over again.
* I absolutely love my degree.
* I am so blessed by my Bible Study women. They are the grace of God in my life.
* My husband is incredible. He humbles me.
* I like my hair today. Vain? Sure. I don't care.
* It's about time for class, and I'm excited about that.
4 comments:
Pammie,
You sound so happy! If you are half as happy as you sound, then I am very happy. Am I using the word happy too much? Hey, I'm happy. Spring break is next week and I'm going to...Disney World!!! Sorry, did that just make you un-happy? Hey, but you were just there a little while ago, for a whole week. With your new husband. I'm going with my old husband. Oops, sorry Bob. I do love you!! And you too Pammie Sue. Can't wait to see you in April. Love ya!
Mom, you sound spastic.
It's great.
I'm SO HAPPY that you're going to Disney World. No unhappiness here! We're going to email you about some things that you HAVE to do if you can.
Yea for Disney! And yea for April. We're very happy to be coming soon!
Love ya, too, madre! Say Hi to my "old" dad for us! hehe!!
Hmmm..
What were we doing in Britain? I can't remember...
"Soarin'" at Epcot is stupendous, as well.
Yes, John, we can go back tomorrow...
Pammie, I miss you! When I was at the Capilano Suspension Bridge in BC, there was bench with a little wooden sign that said "Thinking Spot" - so I tried to look pensive as my sister took my picture, but thought Pam could probably do so much better!!! See you in a few weeks!!! Hmm....
Post a Comment