...which is why I'm not going to work. See, I'm still a PRN employee according to the books. Technically, I'm a sub. Since bureaucracy is slow and my status has not been changed to part-time, I'm not required to be at the hospital to work a 12 hour shift. During Code Ice, all PT and FT employees must serve one 12-hr shift each day. I was supposed to cover a 4 hr shift on Wednesday, but in case I don't want to miss my class on Wednesday afternoon, I'm not going to work then, either. If you're worried, it's okay. My supervisor approved my absense. She told me I'm lucky. :)
I can't say I agree.
You see, I had to get out of the house. Ehem, apartment! Which is worse. It's much harder to hang around a barely 700 sq. ft. apartment on an "ice day" and not get cramped.
So I went down the block to Galaxy Cafe for a cup of soup and a vanilla coffee. I'm trying to work on research videos, but I forgot a certain important packet of information. In the meantime, I'm doing the part of the work that I'm able.
But see, there's a problem.
The cafe is usually slow at this hour. Today, others must have ventured out of cramped homes for a good meal.
Including an overly-(overtly?)-affectionate couple in their late 40s.
She's in his lap (yes, it's true), he's rubbing her thighs, she nuzzles his neck, he caresses her face. And then they make-out.
And I vomit.
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that they are an affectionate couple. I love that people show their love to others. And I don't have a problem with their age. (well, maybe just a little) However, if they were teenagers, I'd at least have the guts to tell them to take it outside.
But, come on! She's ON HIS LAP.
If they want to sit that close, they can get a booth.
I know I'd gladly give up mine.
2 comments:
That's just gross.
If you'd given up your booth, it might've gotten WORSE. Best you stayed put!
Post a Comment