Monday, June 2

Here we are...

...at the end of one road and the beginning of another. Gazing back at the last several months, it's almost surreal to be in this place.

I spent some time this morning praising God for bringing us this far. Four months ago, our perspective for this unborn child was completely shifted. To be sitting in a hospital bed right now, preparing to deliver our little boy, I feel a bit of amazement. Even now, as I'm attached to monitors, the room is noisy with sounds of his kicks, tumbles and hiccups. I feel so much joy in hearing and feeling his life in my body. This is certainly an experience I will dearly miss.

This weekend, my parents came into town and brought with them a "Baby Shower Basket". I've never experienced a virtual baby shower before, and I can easily say no gift will ever compare to those we received from family and friends. I was glad to be sitting down as I opened letter after letter filled with love, kind words and generosity. I honestly say we do not deserve such blessing, but I am immensely grateful to be a part of this great story that God has written. In Luke's short life this far, he has been an incredible gift to John and I, and apparently to many others. I could not be more pleased to know that so many people have been on their knees before our Father because of this sweet boy. It is overwhelmingly gratifying to know that he has been so influential.

We hope to let you all know tomorrow evening how everything has progressed in bringing him fully into this world. Our prayers are for uncomplicated and speedy delivery, and that Luke would stun us all with miraculous strength.

I want to thank the dozens of people who have texted, messaged, email or called to encourage and support us today. We end one journey and begin another as we anticipate holding our son in our hands. This afternoon, I told our 2 year old that tomorrow he would get to see Baby Luke. He smiled and simply said, "excited."

Me, too, buddy. Me, too.

3 comments:

aunt randi said...

we love you and love your spirit which has gotten you here today. love you!!

Naomi said...

Love you! Praying for you guys today!

April said...

Hi Pam, I work for George, and just wanted to let you know that I am covering your family with prayer.

May God guide the doctors in their actions over little Luke, and you and John be kept in the grace of peace.