...which means that I have to digest life in an external manner. Don't get grossed out. It just means that I have to express my life in an extroverted manner in order to fully understand it. Ask my husband... I've come to many brilliant conclusions about how I feel whilst in the very middle of a sentence.
And it's interesting how the blog world fits in to all of this.
I realized a few days ago that I hadn't spoken to anyone in my family for maybe two weeks. And while that may have been okay during my first two years of college, I had more recently begun a habit of calling my mom or sister a couple times a week "just to say hi".
So, no contact with family members for a while.
I also hadn't updated my blog in, well, almost 2 months. Since that's sort of my contact with family and some friends, I was feeling out of touch with everyone. Not only had I not updated, but I hadn't read anyone else's as well. And I'm now in that place of being so disconnected and not having the energy to reconnect.
ugh.
The speedy/boring update is that we've been in our new apartment for just over two weeks;
Kindergarten started yesterday;
John and I still haven't had a relaxing weekend since...April?;
I'm halfway through my half-marathon training and while it's getting physically harder, I'm enjoying it more and more;
John started his second year today and was just accepted to the prestigious Immigration Human Rights Clinic which will require about 20 hours a week for him to take on actual court cases;
it's been raining like crazy in San An and helping to physically and emotionally wash away the dirt of this summer;
It's dawning on me that I've lived here over a year, for whatever that's worth;
I'm really sleepy right now and would like nothing better than to eat dinner and go to sleep at 7:30.
Here's to early bedtimes...
Night, folks!
1 comment:
I'm glad you're back! You should at least check out my blog if you don't see anyone else's. :)
Post a Comment