...especially when you've learned to just work with your elbows.
"There's only so much you can do."
I love this phrase. Well, I say I love it because I must, since I use it quite frequently. I think my life is sort of ironic because I use this phrase (and the mentality that produces it) and yet I'm the sort of person that JUST WON'T QUIT. I don't. I hate quitting.
Most days.
But sometimes you just know...you just know you can't change things. I wish it didn't take me so long to get to this point before I trust that God is working. I wish that I would just let go of my need to be involved, my need to control all aspects...of everything. I find it difficult to balance trusting God and trusting my need to act.
Don't you?
And my heart breaks when I realize that my hands are tied, my elbows are sore, and I just have to LET GO and know that God is all-powerful and loving. My heart breaks because I should be thinking of this always.
But rather than dwell on this regret, I will simply (yet powerfully) be praying today. Because though there's only so much I can do...it's probably the most influential act I have in my arsenal.
1 comment:
I'm so thankful for you and your servant's heart. You are a beautiful person, Pammie Sue!
Post a Comment