Wednesday, August 15

Hello, I'm Mrs. Ledbetter...

...and I'm excited to be working with your child this year.

On Friday, I was offered a job with Primrose Schools. It's a brand new school, opening this Monday. I'll be teaching Private Pre-Kindergarten, or PPK. It's a class of 4 year olds, but I'll be teaching ISD Kindergarten curriculum. I'm getting incredibly pumped up just thinking how interesting this year is going to be.

I've been driving a lot around San Antonio, and today I had a little reality check. I was on the phone with my dad when I left the apartment. 5 minutes later, I realized I was going the wrong way. I had to laugh because I realized that I was already trying to drive on auto-pilot. I think I've gotten a little overconfident after nearly 13 days in our new home.

It also dawned on me that this transition has been much easier than I thought. There are many reasons behind that. When John and I moved, we knew we'd be close by great friends and family. I am blessed to be in driving distance of the triplets again. Friends from college and my old job are just down the road. God allowed me to find a job within a week of moving in. (I was incredibly grateful b/c I hadn't been able to search very well for this while in Austin.)

I've also realized just how much fun it is to start something new with my best friend. John and I are probably still experiencing the "honeymoon" of the move, but we've enjoyed our new home, independance and the time we are spending together.

More than anything, I realized how enjoyable it is to move my earthly home and once more be reminded that it is always temporary. My home is not made of physical walls.

I think I'm liking it here.

2 comments:

Becky Perry said...

Yayy you got the job! Congrats!

Flower Mound Mom said...

Pammie Lambie,
So happy for you and John! I knew things would work out for both of you. Love you!