...but it just feels weird around here.
John's in a job that he says is "a really good thing". According to him, people really seem to like him there. His boss respects him, which is evident in the fact that she wants to help him arrange his schedule so that he and I have similar times off. She is confident in him, giving him projects without supervision and just letting him be. He's asked off for a music gig here and a summer vacation there, and she didn't blacklist him. What a difference a good boss makes...
I'm in a job that I love. My supervisors are sometimes catty, but we're in a department of all women...sometimes it's just too easy to act likes girls. But I really work with great people. They tolerate me pretty well, even when they think I'm too ambitious. They have great ideas and let me offer my own. My director put me in charge of a project without much hesitation, and two supervisors jumped on board with my team and respected my leadership.
My internship is outstanding. My supervisor there is well-qualified and leads me by example. She knows SO MUCH yet is beautifully humble. We get along really well, and she is interested in teaching me. She cares about my concerns and acknowledges my interests. I work with my wonderful friend, Jefra, and we love sharing an office, even if we're never there.
John's played music with Clayton and taken pictures with Chris recently, making money on both jobs and having fun with his friends.
I'm assistant coaching a rowing team for high school students at the School for the Blind and Visually Impaired. I work with some former teammates and some new friends and have fun being on the water again.
John's applied to law school and has good chances of getting in to a few of them.
I'm graduating soon and have two wonderful jobs options in my future.
If this were a Christmas card, people would be marveling at how awesome our lives are.
But we're tired. We haven't seen each other much. Our house is a mess from being in transit between moves. We're soon going to add to our daily commute by moving out of town. We both love the idea that we'll be spending time with family (and saving money on rent), but our schedules feel stretched already.
We're busy. There's change on the horizon, which will only make us more busy. And it may take us away from our friends and family.
I'm leaving school. I'm not unsure about this event. In fact, I'm absolutely positive that I'm not ready. I've still got too much to learn. Too much to do.
We may be leaving Austin. I don't think either of us is ready. I've got enough adventure here.
I'm not even sure what to say, but it feels weird around here. I'm in this state of conflict. I'm a little scared. Even John, in his job that is good, feels like it's not supposed to be.
We're a little on edge. There's just something in the air. And it's making me queasy.
5 comments:
Oh Pammie Sue, your feelings are so normal! You and John have so many wonderful opportunities in front of you. You realize change is coming, but you aren't sure of where or when. Dad and I pray for you both daily. God has been tremendously faithful to you. Rest...and be still. Take time to hear his voice. It makes all the difference. Love you much!
Thanks for your encouragement, Mom. Even as I was writing, I realized that nothing was terribly wrong, but that this is just a different time. To add to our stress, my graduate student just gave me a tight deadline to finish her project. But thankfully, the deadline means that an end is approaching! I'll just be thankful for that.
Yeah, that feeling of finishing college?
I STILL remember the day I handed in my last final.
I STILL remember the last day of class at seminary.
There's something truly memorable about those moments of completion...
Hey sweetie-
I went through this last year at this time. All these things came to me after Robert got into Med. School. How I don't miss the unsure or the waiting game. It does get better. I promise and the unsure soon becomes a new adventure that you embrace. Just remember, God doesn't give us something we can't handle. You too will make it!! Come to SA on an off weekend and I'll treat you to lunch and coffee, you deserve it!! I miss you!
Stephanie, you're such a great friend! Thanks for the empathy! Next chance I have to get out of Austin...I'm there!
Drop me an email sometime and let me know how everything is with you.
Post a Comment