..."Intaxification" meaning: "Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize that it was your money to start with."
That's just fun.
Okay, someday I will have a device that allows me to speak my words and have them translated to paper. That way, I can move around while completing important work. See, my research project requires that all analysis be hand-written.
Hand-written!!!
I don't even know why. I think it's too late to ask at this point.
So, I've been sitting at this table (well, actually I switched tables when my computer died and my back-up battery was left uncharged, so I needed an outlet...) for over 5 hours.
Sitting.
My work-out happens when I get up to refresh my water or use the bathroom. I actually stretched a little in the bathroom 5 minutes ago. Didn't want to stretch at my table, you know?
This is why I wouldn't want to go to grad school for research. I like to move. And I can't imagine a job where I might have to sit for 8 hours a day. Maybe that's why, of the 10 or so jobs I've held since I was 12, all have been mobile (Nanny, Playroom coordinator, Sonic Drive-in, more nannying and jobs with little, active children). My only real sitting job was to teach piano lessons, and at least those only lasted 30 minutes.
If I can buckle down and finish this video in 25 minutes, then John will be off of work, we'll run to Target and then head home, where we can take a walk.
After which, I'll do another research video or two, just sitting on my...
oh boy.
4 comments:
:) hope things are going well...it sounds like they are. love you!
what's up sister? has the galaxy cafe started charging you rent yet?
hey sis, what's your email?
my name at gmail. and no, galaxy and starbucks are still letting me stay for free. i've made friends :)
Post a Comment