...without knowing about something that could be crucial to my life experience.
See, we have this program called PhotoBooth on our computer. It's pretty fun. It lets you take pix of yourself or anything in front of the computer (obvious limitations here). Well, John and I have experimented with the effects and such, and occasionally I'll get bored with school work...that's when I try to find my best mug shot or glamour shot or nervous smile or scared face or whatever. Yes, I'm easily entertained.
Well, in all of my explorations of my ability for facial affect, I've found one startling aspect:
I have a lazy eyelid.
Ugh.
I should have been suspicious when my ACC school ID card made me look drunk. Or when my face is always the one "screwing up" the Ledbetter/Lewis family portraits (quotes are mine. Both sides of my family happen to be inncredibly photogenic). Or when people ask me, "why are you making that face?" Or when I put on eyeliner and notice that the lines go in two different directions.
How could this have happened??
Well, I'm going to go now. I have to cry tears of shame through my lazy eyelid. At least it will wash the crooked eyeliner away.
3 comments:
Oh, my gosh, I had a similar thing happen to me! I only recently realized that my right jaw is higher set than my left jaw, and as a result, my bite is also a little askew. This also affects my right and left profile. I felt very sad that I didn't know of this until now, although I wonder if it was a gradual progress.
T, you are such a medical student! :) Have you found any other symptoms of diseases you might have? Do you still have that skull, because Halloween is tomorrow!
yeah. i just have a lazy eye. how do you get in shape? my dad had surgery on his lazy eyes and now they are both in shape - but he looked like dracula for awhile. how's that for halloween? :)
Post a Comment