...but ultimately, it could all sound oh so boring. I'd hate to do that to you. Instead, here's some snippits, just to keep it lively:
*As I sit in class today, the entire right side of my face, from my throat to my ear, including half of my tongue, is humorously numb. My dentist recommended that I only comsume a smoothie for lunch lest I accidently eat my tongue.
*Still on the subject of teeth...it's amazing what they'll tell you. For instance, my normally healthy teeth have revealed recent stress in my life. To be honest, I didn't know that I was stressed. Yes, I'm tired and very busy and making too many life-changing decisions in a short amount of time, but I was under the impression that I enjoy what's happening right now. However, bleeding gums during a general cleaning can indicate stress in a person like me. Also, I've started clenching my teeth at night. Now I wear a cute nightguard that I will affectionately call my "buck teeth".
*I'm supposed to complete 10 hours of research each week for the grad student that I'm working for. After about 8 hours, I get bored.
*I just found out about the man who killed children at the Amish school. The incident is sparking conversations about gun control in the US. I find myself disliking the arguments of the NRA and its supporters.
*I'm enjoying my new job at Sonic. I like the fast pace and chance to interact with others. The pay-at-the-stall credit card option has really killed my tips, though. I'm not sure how long this job will last.
*It's been over a month since I was offered my dream college-job at the hospital. I'm still not in the computers, I'm not yet allowed to attend orientation, and I'm waiting to know my training start-date. Sometimes waiting really hurts.
*My husband is crazy. I know this. What's fun is to be around when other people see that he's crazy. It makes me laugh.
*It's very exciting to watch two of my girlfriends anticipate the very-soon birth of their daughters after enduring multiple miscarriages. It's also fun to be a part of their support team since both husbands are employed by our church and get little-to-no medical coverage for pregnancy and delivery.
*I like hearing that my family is doing well and enjoying service to others. It's equally encouraging to know that my church family is handling potential crisis with utmost maturity and wisdom of Christ.
*John and I are attempting to practice what our pal Piper calls "christian hedonism". I do think it could radically change our lives.
*It's gotten cooler in Austin. There's talk of Fall parties. I like carving pumpkins.
*I can't seem to keep pants clean, long, and unshrunk. I really don't think my lengs are getting longer, fatter and dirtier. But my pants rarely last a month, and that causes problems. I think it's why I stick to skirts.
*Class is almost over. At first I wasn't sure, but now I'm positive that he's spent the entire hour-fifteen RE-covering material that we've already been lectured on. Which is why I'm typing this and not his notes. Don't worry, my GPA will be fine.
*I think I'm done for now. But I'll be back. As though you had to ask.
No comments:
Post a Comment