...I have 2 exams (no longer 3, as I just finished one) and 8 major papers. This could be daunting...
...okay, it is. But I was also reminded that we've only got 5 weeks of school left. So the next 3 to 5 weeks will be like that tough weekend when you just buckle down, face first in the books and don't look up till it's VACATION time! I know, 5 weeks is a long "weekend", but this part of the year happens to every student, so I can't really complain. Plus, when you've been doing this at the college level for 4 years, you've got to feel that you've improved upon the process a little. Right?
If you don't see or hear from me in the next few weeks...oh goodness, what am I saying? I'm not one of those who can actually concentrate solely on school. So you'll see me. And you'll hear from me. If you'd like to join me for a brisk walk on Town Lake or a coffee at Mozart's in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, let me know. I'll be on "study breaks."
Cuz that's what I do best.
What have you, my fellow bloggers or readers, learned from school about your work habits?
5 comments:
I learned that schoolwork is like a gas in that it expands or contracts to the space alloted for it. For example, if you have two weeks to write a paper, it takes two weeks. If you only have two hours, you can get a servicable paper done in two hours.
I totally agree with Brent. We use whatever time we have. I've also learned, though, that I'd end up spending a whole lot more time on the subject I like the most (or the class I wanted the 'A' in!)Study breaks were good. Just ask your dad! Oops, probably shouldn't have said that. Oh well...
Gross!!!
Oh wait, I'm married now so I guess that shouldn't be gross to me.
Homework IS gas.
no, it's definitely still gross...
if homework's gas, then i have a lot of homework all the time.
the thing i learned in college was i hated tests and liked papers better. i was magazine journalism major, then i hated papers and liked projects better...so then i was a photojournalism major.
And, i can't pull all nighters...always crashed at 3 am or 4 am.
i y q pammie boo!
insert "a" before magazine journalism major
thanks.
ok, so writing wasn't my thing...but like to think it was...
Post a Comment