...just having a quiet time in my bleeding-IKEA apartment. Then I hear a loud thud-like noise outside my window. Now, you have to know about the chair I'm sitting in. It's this great comfy chair with an ottoman, that we've angled into the corner of the living room where there are two windows. One window is the customary window thrown into the one-bedroom apartment to distract the tenant from the itty-bitty size of the unit. The second window is really a door that opens to our porch, or what we lovingly term our "backyard". It has grass and everything.
So, I'm sitting in my chair, surrounded by windows that have OPEN BLINDS. I'm still in my PJs, just eating breakfast and grading papers, and I hear this thud. I look out on my porch and see that a ladder has just been set against my third floor balcony. Now, my first thought it that I'm in a modern-day fairy tale, and John-my-prince is coming to rescue me from the onslaught of work that I don't want to confront. My second thought was that I was in a modern-day CSI, and I was about to be grossly kidnapped as the opening scene to Special Victims Unit. My third thought was more rational: our complex is repainting the buildings' siding and railings. I'm thinking that today is unit 17's treatment day.
So I shut my blinds and turned back to my papers and Corn Pops. But I'm still wishing that my first thought could come true. How great would that be?
5 comments:
Corn Pops, PJ's and aliens invading your backyard via a ladder. Can it get any better? Kind of reminds me of "Mom & Dad Save the World".
Mutton chops or gotee?
Mutton chops!
No. Kill yourself.
Okay...quack!
kinda of like pretty woman's ending without the prostitute thing.
Hello, val! Ah, how i miss thee...
Hint, hint, John...
Post a Comment