...that on my way home today, I read a marque at a child care center that said, "a better tomorrow begins today." However, my exhausted subconscious read it as, "a better today begins tomorrow."
It seems that despite my good start to this day, I am physically and emotionally exhausted by all the events that unfolded. By 3 pm, I was ready to call it quits for today and plan for a better tomorrow. If I ever decide to work with troubled youth, someone please shoot me. I attach too deeply and don't appear to have the emotional stamina to survive that field of work. It's days like this that I feel a little more connected to Christ's suffering on the cross because I have watched a child's flawed human nature cause her to destroy herself while she refuses to let me help. All I can do is hug her, tell her I forgive her and promise to love her no matter how she behaves. So I go to bed praying for a better tomorrow for her and the strength to be compassionate if it's not.
No comments:
Post a Comment