...and I am addicted to sleep. I love all things concerning sleep.
I love to sleep.
I love to plan to sleep.
I love to wake up from sleeping and stay in bed and think about sleep.
I love to watch babies sleep.
Sometimes, I love to watch other people sleep. But only people I love; otherwise, I feel gross.
I love to dream, which happens when we sleep.
I love to think about dreams.
I love to talk about my dreams. Want to freak out about the human subconscious? Ask me about my dreams.
I love to get the perfect amount of sleep and feel rested and prepared to conquer the day.
I love the skin creases that appear on one's body after a particularly good snooze.
I love to sleep on the couch on the weekends in the middle of the afternoon.
I love to wake up and shower and feel like a completely new person.
I love to wake up and take a shower and feel like a completely new person.
I love to shower before bed and lie in the sheets feeling like a completely new person, ready to sleep.
Maybe this seems a little overwhelming. Maybe I should back up and explain. Maybe you're already bored and falling asleep. In that case, sweet dreams.
I think my obsession (or lust) for sleep began when I realized just how vital it is to ME. Not everyone needs lots of sleep. My dear college roomie, Becky Sue, needed a few small increments of sleep to survive the day. My sister, Becca Boo, seems perfectly lucid despite months of sleep deprivation.
I last 3 weeks.
Maybe three and a half. But then I crash.
I remember the first breakdown in high school. Left my car keys in the ignition overnight, and freaked out in the morning because I couldn't remember what had gone on the night before (FYI, there were no drugs or alcohol in my high school years. Or college, for that matter.) In college, my lack of sleep produced a overly-difficult bought with mono. I couldn't get enough of sleep. That was FUN. Then in my 5th year, I tried pulling 18 hour days for several weeks before losing the ability to form a coherent sentence. By that time, I was living almost solely due to the Venti Iced Cinnamon Dulce Latte with an extra shot. That's right, a Venti with an extra shot.
Even that couldn't save me from the lack of sleep.
When well rested, I am a chipper, productive, problem-solving, ultra-patient sort of person. When exhausted, I cannot form tears and spend much of my day wishing I am anywhere but where I am then.
And so...I love to sleep.
I love to plan to sleep.
I love to wake up from sleeping and stay in bed and think about sleep.
I love to watch babies sleep.
Well, you get the picture...
I'm going to bed. Yes, it's 8 pm on a Friday night. Jealous?
Ledbetter, out.
5 comments:
I'm jealous. I've spent most of the day sleeping off my wisdom teeth, so I'm quite sure I'll be awake all night now. Talk tomorrow. Sweet Dreams!! And yes you do have some wacky dreams at time! Love ya
Oh, then you are not going to like this week since losing one whole hour of sleep. You did spring forward, right?
"spring" forward? More like, reluctantly, begrudgingly, painstakingly move the clock forward...left SA on Saturday at 4 p.m., got to Way North Austin by 6:30 p.m., partied at a couple's wedding shower till 9:30 p.m. and got home at midnight...WAIT! 1 in the morning.
But it was worth it.
ugh. don't have kids!!!
ohhh sleep. yup, i have lots of friends to help me sleep. they are tylenol pm, melatonin, ambien till it tricked me out...the list continues! love you sister friend :)
b. boo
Post a Comment