...you really ought to experience "fresh-squeezed" orange juice.
John and I received a juicer for Christmas (thanks Mom and Dad L!), and we finally got around to using it tonight. We started simple...with oranges. Soon, I'll be on the internet, searching for ideas about all the things you can "juice".
But orange juice...real orange juice...is SOOOO satisfying. It makes me miss my grandparents' place in West Palm like crazy. They had oranges and grapefruits growing in their backyard. I know my Grandpa used to make fresh juice when we were there. Thing is, growing up I disliked orange juice. I had no idea what I was missing.
Has anyone caught on to the fact that this OJ is so good, I had to blog about it???
Next on my Kitchen Purchases List is a chopper (I'm eyeing the one I saw on an infomercial) and a food dehydrator. Just because I'm a dunce in the kitchen doesn't mean I can't have fun. And even though I didn't have any "official" New Year's Resolutions...cooking lessons and just being in the kitchen more are on my informal list of things to do.
By the way, our house is open if anyone wants some delicious juice!
2 comments:
OMG...This blog entry made me laugh. You like orange juice now? Never could get you to drink it when you were younger. We only buy Tropicana Fresh-squeezed in our house. Your dad loves lots of pulp. All because of Florida. Hey, didn't know you wanted a juicer. We have one you could have taken. G & G Blanda bought it for us when you were going thru chemo. I was into juicing things then. The idea behind it is great. Glad to see you are excited about this now. I love the healthy you!!
OMG... I can't believe you used the socially-acceptable acronym "OMG."
By the way, I still have a moderate gag-reflex to high-pulp contents in OJ.
During chemo, I do, of course, recall drinking "liquified" nutrient-filled food products. And thus continued my disgust for smoothie-like beverages.
I love you, mom. Especially when you're unhealthy. :)
Post a Comment