...(who apparently is much like me in character and wit) have managed to find themselves in the fourth round of a Moot Court tournament. John's initial response to making it past the first round? "I was furious!"
Truly.
See, he's been spending a LOT of time working on this Moot Court paper and practice and not a lot of time studying for finals. He's been stressed. But after making it past two more rounds of competition tonight, I could hear the pride in his voice on the phone. And he should be proud. Litigation is not his fancy. He's not one for confrontation and debate. But I have always known that this man is convincing when he speaks on something of which he is passionate and knowledgeable. I didn't just marry him for his money, after all.
When we jumped into this law school adventure, I knew that God had a future for John in this career. But I honestly had no idea that it would be so immediately apparent. See, with this competition, John's realizing he has a skill for something he never experienced before. And even if he doesn't enjoy the courtroom, at least he knows he could do it.
Not only that, but the biggest stressors in his life right now are that his success in Moot Court might compromise his interview on Friday for a prestigious summer internship in Austin for the Governor's office. Did someone just hear a tiny violin? Right. Even if his interview is pushed back, he's already been accepted to a July internship for a judge in Dallas. Oh, goodness, I see doors of opportunity swinging wide before us.
Is anyone reading into the fact that I'm on cloud nine?
Praise Jesus for the mercy He bestows on us that we might be blessed beyond anything we could deserve!
AMEN!
4 comments:
That's so EXCITING! CONGRATS, John!
(And maybe this will motivate me to finish that moot court brief. :)
Oh my! Tell John congratulations! He has the ability...and a very supportive and encouraging wife! And we wish him all the best in his interview on Friday. I will be praying for him.
As a post-post-edit (yes, I meant the double "post")...John was just accepted to a clerkship at the Texas Attorney General's office...
Oh, good grief...is there a "cloud ten"?
yes, it's one more higher. try 11.
so happy for john! tell him, "you go brother" from mish and stevie.
love love love infinity much!
Post a Comment