Saturday, December 8

Today I'm cleaning...

...my entire apartment.

See, I've put off any sort of cleaning for the past few weeks, and it's been piling up. I've FINALLY organized the hutch in our living room, the bathroom closet and cabinets, and I'm about to start on the closet. I actually began fixing the closet a couple weeks ago, but it's a long project.

We've been in San An for 4 months now. John and I are finding friends in our respective daily lives. I may have come upon a church I like, but John's been in finals mode and hasn't been able to come with me yet. He's been freed of any non-school activities for the last two weeks and will finish on friday. Two exams down, two to go. I am continually impressed with my husband's skill in his field. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't do well on these exams.

My job has been ever-changing. I'm grateful and sometimes worried by how much my boss appreciates my input and leadership. Thankfully, I've been able to build relationships with my co-workers as well. Our owner has asked me to teach the kindergarten class next year which offers a considerable pay raise and allows me to be with my kids for another year. I can't think of any reason to decline, so I think I'm in. I just have to ask that the raise begin in May, when my student loans begin to swallow a bit more of my income. Blegh. It's been strange to listen to some of my other friends talk about the type of money they will make when done with school. "About 63,000, which isn't bad." Really? Not bad? Oh, how my life would change.

But I move on.

I'm SO looking forward to Christmas break. 11 days of family. 5 with Ledbetter/Lewis, 6 with Davis. All 11 with my hubby, school-free. I'm working hard the next two weekends so that I don't have any school work. Oh, vacation! I know I was just finished with Thanksgiving, but that wasn't much of a physical break.

I know I'm rambling, but I can't help it. I think I'm itching to move around.

Closet clutter, here I come.

2 comments:

Flower Mound Mom said...

Want to clean out YOUR closet at my house?? It's full of stuff you might want. Really. Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Love you!

Anonymous said...

All this talk of closet cleaning, should I be cleaning mine out too!?! Love you, Pammie...I'm glad to hear about your promotion to teach kindergarten. :)