...while searching the internet for pictures for my class tomorrow.
This week, we're studying Halloween-related creatures...you know, bats, owls, cats and spiders?
We've covered owls and bats (as well as pumpkins, though that didn't fall under title of "creature"). I wasn't thrilled about finding pictures and facts about bats. I found a site all about bats which made me want to shoot other people. I understand that God created us with a variety of skills and interests...but, who really loves bats that much? Ugh.
Tonight, I had to look up pictures and facts about spiders. That lasted less than 30 seconds.
I googled "spiders". Up popped a picture of armed forces personnel holding spiders made in hell. Google it. You'll see.
I couldn't look any further. I covered my eyes and whimpered, calling John over to close my webpage. My toes are still curling.
Who knew I was capable of such a visceral reaction? I mean, just today, I had a spider in my classroom that didn't bother me. But then again, God made that spider.
The spiders on my computer were sent to earth on a mission from Beelzebub.
Dear Jesus, save me.
6 comments:
Pam,
I think you need a vacation. Can you wait till Thanksgiving?
Love you!
Hey girly so I'm a really big nerd and wanted to read about these nutty spiders that you have came across. If you didn't read about them you should. But for all of you other bloggers that read Pam's blog here is the info.
"They run 10 mph, jump three feet, are a nocturnal spider, so only come out at night unless they are in shade. When they bite you, you are injected with Novocaine so you go numb instantly. You don't even know you are bitten when you are sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm missing because it has been gnawing on it all night long.
If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will instantly run for your shadow, and scream the whole time it is chasing you.
PS. The one on the bottom is eating the one on the top. These are spiders found daily in IRAQ by the troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of these beauties in your tent!!"
So I'm not liking my little bitty Texan spiders more and more!!
PS- not so sure how accurate the info is, but it's enough for me to stay far far far away.
Steph, how educational and cruel of you! I'm shivering all over...
pam, i see you in less than a month! yipppppeeeee!!!
pam, i see you in less than a month! yipppppeeeee!!!
Post a Comment