Thursday, September 20

I'm so glad I have adults...

...in my life to make me laugh and keep me sane.

Work was tough this morning. Four year olds don't listen. What? Really? No, they don't. And sometimes I take it personally. I was a little drained when lunch break came around. Sandi, a wonderful co-worker, came by my room to check on my lunch plans. She wanted to grab a bite out, but had an errand to run. I said no-problem and hopped in her car.

We spent the next hour chit-chatting about this and that...laughing...sharing...commiserating...and the like. I came back to school ready to smile and laugh with my children. At the end of the day, I had to thank her for being a great friend and such an encouragement.

While we had been out, my dear friend, Stephanie, returned my call regarding dinner plans. She said I sounded tired and reminded me that she had a glass of wine, good dinner, and a couch for me to relax on. This reminder is one of the many reason that I love this friend. She's usually a step ahead of me when it comes to knowing what I need!

Every week since we've moved to San Antone, usually on a Thursday, John and I have had dinner with Stephanie and Robert. Robert is John's cousin (basically like his brother growing up). Stephanie is Robert's girlfriend (of a billion years) with whom I happened to share many classes in college. They've been an incredible resource and support to us in this transition, and living a quarter mile down the street doesn't hurt. I can't imagine what life would have been like without them here.

These dinners have been a fun time to share food and conversation, and they usually include an hour or so of post-dinner parallel studying. That's what you get for putting a law student, med student, future nursing student and new teacher in a room together. We study. Oh, and we watch football. Tonight, two other friends joined us. The guys are freshman at UTSA. Why do we know freshman at UTSA? Okay, Stephanie's best friend's little sister is dating one of the boys. They are really sweet guys, and the six of us have plans for a movie night/dinner next week.

All this adult company is comforting when my days consist of leaning over 2.5 foot tall people and using words like "potty", "rest-time hug" and "boo-boo".

Which reminds me...I should probably put on my jammies, because it's almost time for night-night.

7 comments:

Flower Mound Mom said...

This is the reason why so many teachers go to happy hour after school on Fridays. Adult beverages and adult conversation.

I'm glad you have good friends in San Antonio. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Pam you are amazing!! You know I read your blog, nearly everyday to see if you have posted a new one!! Thanks for all the kind words!! I'm so glad that ya'll moved to SA!! It is GREAT to have such great friends and family (cause ya'll are that too) so close!!

Brent said...

You forgot about the chocolate milk before night-night.

Paul said...

how old do your kids think you are? just curious...

Free and Living said...

hi pam! i like you!!!!!!!!!!!

Free and Living said...

hi pam! i like you!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey pammie lambie...whats your email again? okay, love you byeeeeeee!

booter