Tuesday, September 4

The fish I wanted to make tonight...

...called for a dressing combination of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, garlic and ginger. Okay, no, it didn't sound like a winner, but I'm trying to be adventurous.

Darn it, I started mixing and immediately wanted to throw up. The horrible odor gave me a headache, so I left the kitchen.

When I returned, I dressed my fish with a little olive oil, garlic and these fantastic Asian breadcrumbs that I swear by.

We'll try adventurous another day.

Post Edit: that fish was GOOD.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know what kind of fish you were making, but we usually put butter and silly dilly on it, wrap it in tin foil with water in the foil to keep it moist, close the foil and bake in our toaster over for about 20-25 mins. at 325. This is great for salmon. If it's flounder, you can spread mayo on it and sprinkle bread crums on top and bake. Doesn't sound like it'll be tasty, but it really is. You can't do this recipe with salmon though. Hope everything is well. Love, Grandma

Flower Mound Mom said...

Leave it to Grandma to give you recipes! Love the silly dilly!

Work in Progress said...

Wow, I'll definitely try that. Thanks, grandma! We still have salmon in the freezer. (don't tell grandpa that it's frozen fish!) :)

But what's "silly dilly"?

Anonymous said...

We used to get it, it was called "Silly Dilly", forgot the manufacturer. Now, we get McCormick's "It's a Dilly". It's the same spices. dill, lemon, garlic, etc. It's really great on any fish really. It's really the dill flavor that is so good, and by the way, it's salt free.

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to say, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". SWEETIE

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should buy you a cookbook for your birthday!!! HAHAHA!! I'm sure that you will be just fine in the kitchen; just need some practice!! Good thing I'm taking you out for dinner for your birthday!!

Free and Living said...

Was it a fish called Wanda? I hope not...