...and I love the days that He does something simply to make me smile because of His love.
Today, Jefra and I toured our new Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas. As a side note, it was astoundingly amazing. I'm incredibly excited. Being a children's hospital, there are a lot of colored walls. I commented on a particular wall that I liked, and Jefra responded, "Yep, Tiffany Blue." I teased her about making up names for colors, and then she explained to me that Tiffany & Co has a signature color blue. She also explained that they make more than just jewelry. I had no idea. I had never been in Tiffany's or seen their famous products.
So, Jefra, thank you for my education today. I felt incredibly enlightened.
I arrived home this evening to find a package waiting for me on the bed. It was ridiculously difficult to open and yielded a smaller package wrapped in tissue paper. I suspected it may be from my grandparents, but knew that they had already sent a card. I unwrapped the tissue paper and was stunned to realize that I was holding my very first little box from Tiffany & Co.
What I unwrapped was a gorgeous, elegant, little blue "purse pen" that came in a beautiful blue bag, inside the blue box adorned with a white ribbon. What stunned me even more was that this thoughtful, expensive gift comes from a girl I have never met in person. We've spoken and emailed since I applied for her scholarship program about 3 years ago. Carolyn is currently writing a book about individuals who had cancer as kids, and I have had the privilege of partnering with her in this project. (Oh yes, and she just finished college this month.) I am incredibly humbled by her kindness and generosity.
What made me smile even more was knowing how God orchestrated my conversation with Jefra this morning so that this evening's gift was that much more enjoyable and special.
Carolyn, thank you so much for this gift. I am honored. And boy, I just feel like a pretty young lady with my fantasticly fancy purse pen.
2 comments:
this made me really happy pamcakes.
Pammie,
This story is simply incredible and..FUN! It makes me smile...just like you do. I had a great time with you this weekend. Can't wait to see you again.
Love you!
Post a Comment