"...Newsies sell papes"
I just returned from my first ever Alamo Drafthouse Newsies Sing-a-Long! Yes, you heard it. We watched Disney's Newsies in a SOLD OUT theater and sang, waved "papes", pumped our fists in the air and danced a jig when appropriate (which was almost always).
This was John's surprise date in celebration of my graduation. Couple that with our spontaneous excursion to the outstanding Damien Rice concert last wednesday...phew, I'm having fun.
Now I just get to enjoy the week until my wonderful family comes to visit and watches me walk the stage to mark my graduation...
I'm doing pretty well.
8 comments:
I just like to say "mortarboard."
In the theme of the blog, did you say "mortarboard" with a heavy, early 1900s New York paper boy accent?
ps. I've heard rumors that we're allowed to decorate our hats...hmmm...
Aw, I'm so sad I missed it! That Newsies CD you burned for me sustained me through soo many long nights, when you were sleeping peacefully three feet away. :) Love you.
that sounds like the most incredible bout of PG-debauchery ever. If only I had a reason to pump my fists in the air these days...I'll find a way!
Come visit, Mooch. We'll sing songs and click our heels together...just for fun! Oh, man, when you and Becky Sue get here...
:)
Hahaha, I remember you and your fondness for "Newsies." I STILL haven't seen it. Maybe we should do an SA viewing.
aaaaa, the alamo drafthouse. they really know how to play movies, not like the amc 100 million.
That sounds like a lot of fun!
Congrats, Pam on your graduation. Can't wait to see you in July!
Post a Comment