...is turning into the hell that everyone hopes to avoid.
Three weeks before graduation...will I graduate, will I not? Will I have to burn bridges just to finish?
I'm so angry about one class right now. And honestly, I'm willing to take a failing grade. It's an elective for me, after all. I ended up with one elective in this degree, and I get to fail it.
And when I think of whether I care to end this class on a poor note, all I can think is that I would never ask this professor for a recommendation anyway, so what am I afraid of?
I guess it's a good thing I'm going to finish my Plan II Honors degree. That will override this little failure.
Darn this class. Darn the person who told me, "Just take it, and then you can get credit!"
Whatever. I'm done. I'm out. I'm going to go do what I love. Screw the rest.
As I told my advisor this morning...I've got job options lined up. Jobs that want my resume, not my transcript. Jobs that care that I come with high recommendation from my internship supervisor and multiple other professors. Jobs that care that my position is a coveted one, and my coworkers admire me.
So I may have to burn this weary bridge. But I know I have dozens of others, strong at my feet. Look out world...
A college graduate will soon be banging on your door.
4 comments:
ahem, i believe two other college graduates who are also about to embark on their respective journies will be knocking on your Austin door come May 28th. Save the date!
I spelled "journeys" incorrectly.
Clearly one of those college graduates is not ready to go out into the world...
So I take it, talking to your advisor didn't go as planned. That's ok!! When are ya'll moving down here? I miss you guys already!!
question:
if you're banging at my door and i open it, what's going to happen?
(said like dwight from the office)
Post a Comment