Monday, March 12

I've got stuff on my mind...

...but lack the time to elaborate. Aren't you lucky?

These are thoughts I would have written about last week, if I'd had the time:

*Man w/big cross
*teaching blind HS students how to row - together
*the fact that I might be rowing a 4K in about a month
*going to bed at midnight and waking at 5: all week long
*my new drink: Venti Iced Nonfat Cinnamon Dulce Latte w/an Edge, no Whip
*paying money to have no time for anything but being a peon
*growing up thinking that peon had something to do with “pee-on”
*still thinking that peon has something to do with “pee-on”
*validation…finally!
*my friend, Jefra, and how wonderful she is
*my friend, Anya, and how much I love her
*my 18 year old cousin-in-law having a baby this month
*That I miss my husband and I’m glad we get to drive home together: it’s the only time we’ve had this week (okay, that's the thought I had last week, though it's still pretty true. We need some fun time!)
*That I wish I had more time at my job, and I’m excited about our new director
*that my supervisor is not excited about our new director, and I’m praying to know how to love her
*When I write my day’s schedule on a sticky note, stick it to my purse and realize that it dictates a 14-hour day (not including shower and driving time)…I might be in trouble
*That I don’t get paid enough for my job
*I never realized that I’m a “yes-person” until recently
*I’m glad I had my sister to rant to the other day; though I don’t think I realized just how hurt and angry I am
*That I love my husband, even when he’s too excited to hang out with me that he can’t let me fall asleep
*I think I’ve always known how great my parents are, but I’m really thrilled at how they are turning out, and how they’re growing me
*that at a distance, when those two light fixtures near Starbucks look like men bending over, then it may just be two men bending over (it was; they were gardening)

This week I was going to tell a story about how, for the second time this year - and in my life - I had liquid come out my nose. On Saturday night, at Hula Hut with friends, I managed to laugh with water in my mouth, choke severely, and throw up. Amazingly, only Kelly noticed (Clayton just thought water came out my nose, which was true). I'm just sad that John wasn't there to hold my hand. But he enjoyed his SXSW show with Robert Rodriguez. And he held my hand later.

This week is significantly different from last. It's spring break here in Austin, but I'm still in school (except for those 3 hours of class on Wednesday). However, I've never seemed to do the spring break thing, and I'm just enjoying the weather and the time to make up hours at work and the internship. I'm able to spend time with friends - like having lunch with my teacher friend, Amy, before she goes on vacation. We're getting into a good groove w/life as it is right now.

I'm learning a lot. I like that.

2 comments:

Flower Mound Mom said...

Pammie,
I just love reading your blogs. They make me smile to see how happy you are with life in general. Your dad and I have always been pretty happy with the way you are growing us! We have great kids. Can't wait to see you next week.

Free and Living said...

Hey Pam, I'm so happy for you and the opportunities God has given you & John. It's a beautiful story he is writing through the two of you. I completely understand about being a "yes" person and have to work hard to be a "no" person...