Sunday, June 25

My Hub Hub and I may be repeating eachother a bit...

...but it's evidence of what is on our hearts.

I'm not a big trend-bandwagon-peer pressure sort of individual. I like to give my opinion, but I've learned not to insist that others adopt my ideas. Because I know myself, and I like to rebel against the popular. But there are certain times that I'll be pushy. For instance, I love my car. And if you're in the market for something new, you'd better believe that I'll insist you test drive my '06 Honda Civic. I'm not proud because it's new or cute. I'm proud because it's a product that I enjoy working for. It's a speedy little demon when you need it to be, was voted the safest car of 2006 (my future kids will be grateful), and if you're considering gas mileage, it's only beat by the Civic Hybrid. I push 40/gallon each tank. Eat that, fancy Hummer.

Friday night, John, Clayton & Megan and I enjoyed a showing of "An Inconvenient Truth" at the Alamo Drafthouse. As a side note, if anyone is ever in Austin (residing or visiting), don't miss the movie-going experience that is the Drafthouse. Moving on, I'd been fighting a cold all week that I think I may have caught from my daddy, so I was in full sniffle-mode. Throughout the movie, I had tears running from my ears and a pile of tissues on the table in front of me. I'm sure I was a sight, but it was nice to hide my emotions behind my "cold". Actually, the movie didn't produce too many tears, so don't be expecting a sobfest. Instead, the facts presented in the 100 minutes were highly sobering. And thought-provoking. I like that I walked away thinking, and not feeling sorry for our current state.

I feel like I'm digressing.

Something Megan said later really hit me. Clayton had attended a conference in which the speaker closed with a convicting statement, "What if God really loved the world?" Think about that for a minute. Actually, I'm going to stop for a bit, and let you answer that question.

I'll be back in a little while. I know this blog doesn't have a high volume of visitors, but I'd like to know what you wonderful-few think. Considering Gore's enlightening agenda (even if you haven't seen the movie), what should it look like for Christians to love the world?

3 comments:

Flower Mound Mom said...

Do you mean the world as a physical place? Or the world as made up of people? As far as the world as a physical place, if we loved it so much, we would take care of it better. Conservation of the environment would be near the top of political agendas. But unfortunately it's not. We are a society that lives for the moment. We (and I use that term in a general sense) care about the world for what we can get out of it for our pleasure or satisfaction. We don't thinknearly as much about how we leave it for the next generation. Sorry if I sound a little negative this early in the morning. But I've seen a lot of huge, old trees being bulldozed around town for what? More shopping centers. Okay, I'm thinking there's a little too much money floating around here that's being spent unwisely.

Work in Progress said...

Mom, that's exactly what I mean. What if God loved this physical world? I say "what if" because I think we've forgotten that though this physical world is only a temporary home for us, there are future generations who may live here as well. Not only that, but this is God's creation. And too often it takes a backseat.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.