Monday, February 18

I'm flying high on endorphins at the moment...

...and I'm gonna ride this wave until I crash into bed.

Until then, I've got two things to share with you.

One, if you've never known just how "serious" the play of a child can be, spend some time with a six year old who, at the age of four, watched her mother and baby sister die in a car accident. This was my experience on Saturday night, and I wanted desperately to play with her forever so that she stays young and honest for as long as every child should.

Two, it's quite possible that I will soon be fully addicted to yoga. The gym we'd attended had to cancel their yoga classes, but Steph and I attended a new location and participated in some pretty serious yoga tonight. We did one of my favorite poses, chataranga dandasana, about 30 times, so I'll be feeling sore in the morning. I just can't help thinking about how taboo this activity was when we were kids...and how I'll likely be one of those women in a "mommy and me" yoga class.

As I finish that sentence, my eyelids are getting heavy and my bed is beckoning.

That's the best thing about an endorphin high in the evening...it readies you for a fantastic night of sleep.

'night...

6 comments:

Brent said...

Yoga was taboo?

Flower Mound Mom said...

When was yoga taboo??? I guess years ago it was associated with mantras and the sort. Now it's probably one of the best forms of exercise for you. Glad you are enjoying it. I started going to a Monday night class at the HAC. It's for beginners. I'm not sure when I'll work myself up to the next level. I tried to get into Joyce's Pilates class last night, but got there too late and it was full. Jim and Janet Beckman showed up at our house just as I was pulling out of the driveway to go to the HAC. So...needless to say, I was late for class. Looking forward to seeing you next week.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

"endorphins make you happy. and happy people don't kill their husbands" name that movie...

love you sissy boo boo! do you have skype? let's skype someday soon!!!

Work in Progress said...

Um, Hello!!! Legally Blonde.

I "think" I have skype. I'll have to ask my hubby.

Ashley S. said...

Thanks for defending me against the crazies!

Tina said...

I love yoga too! I got my own mat! Where do you go? Maybe we can do a yoga date or something. :-) Oh, we still need to do Luby's.