Sunday, June 24

It really just isn't much fun...

...because I've been trying so hard to be busy and avoid thinking about stuff, yet that stuff is keeping me up at night.

I'm leaving my job soon. I've put in my two weeks a little early, but I'll need to remind my director again by next Wednesday.

I need to remind her because we're a little busy right now. See, we're moving into a new hospital. What? You haven't been watching the news? You didn't know that Dell is now famously supportive of the pediatric medical team in Austin? June 30th. 7 days. It's showtime.

I'm leaving my job because I'm moving to San Antonio. I'm actually really excited for John and his opportunity to go to law school. I'm even excited about planting ourselves in a brand new place. Thankfully, it's not far from the old place. I'm not excited about the possibility of not getting a job.

I only have about 2.5 weeks to find said job. Well, not technically. We don't get to San A until August 4th. But I'll be out of town/state for the 3 weeks prior to the move, and I'd like to have employment secured so that my week or so of vacation actually feels like vacation.

I'm still tying up loose ends at school. I've walked the stage; I've received my diplomas; I've officially become "degree holder, nondegree seeker" according to the registrar's page. But also according to the registrar's page: I've got an "X" for my research practicum. It's just paperwork, really, but I'd like to finally close that door.

I'm under a deadline for my friend's book. I've still got to do some soul-searching to write some more pages, and I don't know how much time I'll have for that in the next week. Plus, that soul-searching hurts a little, and my emotions are about to spill out my ears. Maybe out my eyes is more appropriate?

There were two major projects that I wanted to accomplish this summer. I was about 65% involved in one of them, but dropped to about 10% in the last week. That second project likely will not get touched.

I'm thinking about how my sister is going to spend several months this fall in ITALY.

I'm thinking about how my brother and his wife are moving to CANADA.

I'm thinking about how my sister-in-law and her husband are moving to Oklahoma. Okay, no caps here, but they are having another BABY in January.

I know that I am officially moving into a new stage of life. I know that change is coming. I know that I generally like change.

This time is a bit different. This time is one of the first times that the foundation under my feet is missing. I can't seem to find my Rock. I know He's right there. Yet I'm just floating...afraid to take a step in any direction.

So, here I am. Eyes wide awake. It really just isn't much fun.

5 comments:

Brent said...

I'd really like to have coffee with you and hang out some, but only if I could do that and not add another thing to your schedule. I'd like that coffee to be a really relaxed time, too.

And, Becca, I know you're out there, we should do coffee, too. Italy? Are you kidding? I want to chat about this with you!

And, Steve...well, ummm, yeah, we've already talked but we can have coffee anyway.

And, since I don't want the BlogMuddah and the BlogFaddah to get left out, we could do coffee, too.

Amy of the Hill said...

Pammie - I've found that when things are exciting and scary at the same time, God does some pretty amazing things! You'll be in our prayers. Only three more weeks until Cape San Blas! Love you.

Flower Mound Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flower Mound Mom said...

Pammie,
I agree with Aunt Amy! Your life has been designed by God so incredibly. I have no doubts that these changes in your life will bring about tremendous blessings. Life has been a series of adventures to help us grow closer to Him if we keep our focus. I love you, my daughter and friend, and I am so very proud of you!

Steph said...

i'll miss seeing you around work. if you need the hook up again, i know a nurse at the hospital in san antonio that serves children. :)

steph